Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Recipe Review: Slow Cooker Chicken Mole

I made this recipe the other night and it made the house smell so good! I made it for a group of people and everyone really liked it.

I did, however, make one big mistake. The full recipe called for the chicken breasts to be cut in half. At the store, I saw that they had chicken scallopine (thinly-sliced chicken) and I figured I would save myself some time and get those. Bad move! After cooking all day on low, the chicken turned out really dry for my taste. Everyone said it was still good and even took leftovers, but for my personal taste, I could only tolerate it together with a bite of the beets.

Next time, I probably wouldn't cut the chicken at all, and as some reviews said, it would probably be ok cooked on high for four hours instead. Maybe put it in when you get home from work, go to the gym and do errands?

No comments:

Post a Comment