Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Penne Arrabiata

Another one of my go-to meals from allrecipes.com!

This is for those who like it spicy! I love this recipe because it cures my pasta craving without being too unhealthy.

I will put the link for the web recipe at the bottom, but I make a modified version so I will put my recipe here.

Ingredients:

-1/4 cup canola oil
-6 cloves garlic, minced
-1 tbsp crushed red pepper
-2 14 oz. cans diced tomatoes with garlic and oregano
-1 bunch fresh basil, shredded
-1 12 oz package whole wheat penne pasta
-1 tsp garlic powder
-1 tsp oregano

Instructions:

-Put penne pasta in a large pot filled with water and a tbsp of oil, turn heat to high and cook until desired texture.
-Meanwhile, heat rest of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, and saute for a few minutes.
-Sprinkle in the red pepper flakes, and saute for another minute.
-Pour in the diced tomatoes and basil. Simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
-Drain pasta, mix together and serve!


This recipe would be good with a lot of variations, so feel free to customize. I made it last night with garbanzo beans and that was really good. Black olives would also be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment