Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Easy Vegetables

When I'm really tight on time, one of my fallback meals is grilled chicken or fish, and lemon pepper asparagus. My mom taught me how to make the asparagus and I love it because it is the easiest, fastest, healthy side!

All you do for the asparagus is place it in a microwaveable dish where it can lay flat. (Rows on top of each other are ok, just make sure that both ends fit in - I use a square Pyrex dish.) Then you put water into the dish until the bottom is covered (about an inch high, not enough to cover the asparagus.) Sprinkle lemon pepper on top. Cover, and microwave for 7 minutes or until desired texture. That's it! Drain any remaining water and serve.

The wonderful thing about this "recipe" (if you can even call it that!) is that it can be used for just about any type of vegetable, with any type of spice you prefer. I have seen recipes on the web for cauliflower with Cajun seasoning, and broccoli with seasoned salt. Choose whatever vegetables and spices go with your meal, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment