Monday, March 29, 2010

Welcome!

Hello everyone, and welcome to my new blog "Working Woman Meals."

I would like to preface this blog with the following: I am nowhere near an expert on cooking, nutrition, budget grocery shopping, etc...

The reason I am starting this blog is because I am a woman who lives in the city of Chicago, commutes to the suburbs for work (anywhere from an hour to a two and a half hour commute), have grad school two nights a week, and am gone most weekends. Did I mention that I am also moving into a new house and planning a wedding?! Therefore, I have very little time to cook, but I enjoy good food and try to eat on the healthy side. I am also just beginning to learn how to cook and enjoy trying new recipes, but I have found that a lot of them have 10+ ingredients...when you are cooking for two people and don't have a lot of disposable income, making dinners with 10 ingredients or more is often not practical. You have to ensure that the ingredients you use are either ones that you can use frequently in other recipes, or are non-perishable (usually not as healthy).

I have decided to gather recipes and ideas for meals that are for the working woman...quick, healthy, delicious, and practical. Also, this blog is not only for working women. It is also for the ones who help support the busy working women! My fiancee asked me once to give him a list of easy meals that he could make while I am busy doing the dreaded commute. He was part of my inspiration for starting this blog and publishing my findings.

I know many of you are in the same boat as I am...enjoy good food and don't have a lot of time to devote to making it. I hope this blog can help some of you out. Enjoy and happy eating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment