Monday, March 29, 2010

First Recipe - Pear and Prosciutto Pizza

The first recipe I'd like to share is a recipe that I found on http://www.allrecipes.com/. For those of you who aren't familiar with All Recipes, it is a wonderful site, with many different kinds of cooking and cuisines represented. My favorite part as a beginning chef are the reviews. You can read reviews from people who have tried the recipes, and see how they liked them and what they would recommend changing. A lot of the reviewers consider themselves to be "Intermediate" or "Expert" cooks, so they have great ideas for how to improve recipes.

The recipe I'd like to share today is for Pear and Prosciutto Pizza, and was written by All Recipes user "bostoncook."

I have made this recipe and absolutely loved it, and it is fairly easy. It is a little high on the ingredients side, but you use up most of the ingredients in the pizza, so none of my ingredients went to waste.

I made this recipe on a store-bought wheat pizza crust, and I cooked the garlic and the pears in the oven at the same time as some reviews had suggested, to save time.

This entree is a little high in calories at 618 calories for a quarter of the pizza. If you are watching your calories, you could either eat one slice (1/8 of the pizza), or a better solution would be to make it without the prosciutto, which I suspect would be equally delicious. You could also keep the prosciutto in and substitute more swiss cheese for the fresh mozzarella...this would probably cut more calories, but I myself am a sucker for good cheese!

Hopefully you guys love this recipe as much as I did.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pear-and-Prosciutto-Pizza/Detail.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment