Monday, March 29, 2010

Slow Cooker Chicken Mole

This slow cooker chicken mole is going to be the next recipe I try. I like to make chicken, turkey, or vegetarian dinners to keep meals light, but I find a lot of chicken and turkey dishes can end up tasting dry or boring. For this reason, I am always looking for interesting, flavorful ways to cook chicken and turkey. I saw this All Recipes Slow Cooker Chicken Mole, posted by user "Avrienne," and thought it would be a good one to try. I love cooking with slow cookers, because you can put the ingredients in the crockpot in the morning and come home to a ready-to-eat dinner after work.

I am going to adjust the recipe, because this is one of the recipes that falls under the too many ingredients for two people category, and also the reviews from other chefs have pointed out some things they would have changed. It might not have the same flavor as the original, but since I have not made the original, I imagine the flavoring will still taste good and different to me, and I will not notice any missing pieces.

The following are the ingredients that I am going to use in my chicken mole:

1 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup craisins
2 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 tsp chile powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground cinnamon
5 teaspoons cocoa powder
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 can chicken broth
3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Although this seems like a lot of ingredients, many of them are non-perishable spices that I keep in the house already.

I will put these in the slow cooker and cook on low all day while I am at work. I will then pair the chicken mole with black beans and beets.

I will write again to let you know how it goes!


The full recipe from www.allrecipes.com:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Chicken-Mole/Detail.aspx?src=etaf

No comments:

Post a Comment